2500 stalls when running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wayneo856

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 v8
97 dodge ram2500 just bought 3 weeks ago broke down twice ...here what happened driving to work the check engine light came on stalled out.(bout 1/2 mile from work i work at lowes) when i tryed to restart ,it ran but just barely popping out the throttle body,and wouldnt move.acted like it was not getting gas.had to wait an hr before i could get back to it put a gallon of gas in started right up drove to the station 1 mile away put 30 bucks worth in, started right up acted fine drove off and as soon as i got on the highway it did the same thing.. stalled, popping etc etc. had it towed to where i bought it they said it was a loose wire on the alarm system shorting out??? 2 days later on 295 did it again stalled for no reason this time 115 degress out and had my wife and dog with me. any ideas had it towed back :shooter: this time cost me 50 bucks extra i still owe 3400 on this

Last edited:

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
Did the MIL come on? Popping through the intake suggests maybe an intake valve sticking. Have you checked the condition of the secondary ignition system?

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
check plugs, wires, valves

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about fuel pump.... I had an older Ford that did the same thing. Ran good then would stall and wouldn't run. I'd check that

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

wayneo856

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 v8
ok update they had it for 3 days had in running for 2 days idleing in lot, cant fix whats not broken. fuel pump was checked,lines no leaks, no trouble codes show up,had a recent tuneup before i bought it, new wires, plugs, coil was checked,. the thing is when it stalls by the time a tow truck gets it to a garage it works fine like nothing happened. i told them to jack the rear wheels off the ground and let it run under load.or drive it to the shore and back. this truck is like a time bomb u never know when its gonna act up again.
time to trade it for a different one.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Just out of a random act of chance. Clean your ground terminal on the battery. and put it back on and make sure it's tight. I have heard before that a bad ground can cause random problems. Just a shot to look into.