440 in 2000 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
I was thinking about putting a 440 big block that I have in my 2000 Ram 2500 that has a 5 speed manual, has anyone done the swap? I would like to do a diesel swap but the price on a 12 valve cummins is crazy plus I already have the big block.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You'd have to do some major fab work to get the 440 to even fit, let alone all of the de-computerization you'd have to do.

OP
OP
M

Moparguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
I think it will fit easily as far as the size goes, if you can fit a 426 hemi in an A-body (Duster) I think a 440 will fit in the truck. As far a the wiring I was told to install a mechanical pump Cummins all I would need to do is run the power wires to run the engine and all the wires for the gauges like the temp, oil, etc. should work. Is there something that I am not thinking of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
If you have the skills this is not hard to do. Fab up motor mounts or use a engine plate front and mid. BBM 727 4wd tranny, xcase I have yet to look into spline wise so no help there yet, but there are all kinds of adapters out there. As for gauges they might still work through the pcm, they did on a chevy efi I changed over to propane and HEI dizzy. Just have to keep the pcm in play thats all.

Keep us in the loop on how this goes.