46rh issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MANKYPURPLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
New to the forum. I am an experienced mechanic. Bought a 95 ram 2500 with the 5.9 V8 in it, 2wd. I rebuilt the transmission some time ago due to reverse failure and 1st failing. Following that rebuild, I had no overdrive. I did a 2nd rebuild because I was rushed the first time and forgot to soak the clutches. So, at this recent rebuild this last weekend, I replaced all steels, clutches, reverse drum, both bands, over drive solenoid, servos, filter and odd gaskets and snap rings. Reverse holds strong, 1st and 2nd are fine as well. I just have no over drive activation. Fuse is fine, so I can count that out. The button on the dash for the overdrive switch lights up if I press it and goes out if pressed again, so switch is working. Transmission itself is properly put together, I triple checked everything. Torqued the bands properly. All in all, feels like its working fine aside for the 3500 rpm 60mph thing i got going on that bugs me. Need a guide on what to do next. Can I bypass this somehow, rig up my own switch to manually engage the OD, am I down to sniffing around the wires for a short or am I best to tear it apart again?

NOTE: Should say I think the fuse is good. My google search pointed me to fuse 9 on the interior fuse panel. Was this the right one to check? I kinda scanned all of them really quick. I dont have a panel cover or manual to really tell which fuse was which.