52 mm throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
very well said okie.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
very well said okie.

Thanks...to bad you and I are talking to the monitors :crazy: and no one's listening. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Let's face it, when you pull into the mall lot with a rumpy cam and pop the hood so all your buds can see your airgap, fastman, and stainless CAI tube with tha big cone filter, it makes far more impact than pulling in and telling people you have 4:56 gears.

The difference is when you leave...:birgits_tiredcoffee

Sorry for the threadjack!

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i hear ya. look at my mods in my sig. my truck is kind a slug outta the hole, but at about 2000 rpms hold on.lol. but i knew what i was building. building for boost.my cam is not thumpy at all. 114lsa. hence boost. nothing milled off the heads for lower compression.hence boost. bigger tb.hense boost. and so on. just gotta know what you what your end goals are.my 5.3 chevy 4x4 will burn me till about 30mph and then see ya later cheby.lol

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I just wanted to get as many opinions as I could. I went ahead and bought a 50mm instead, it'll be better for what I got going on with my engine. And I'm definitely getting a tuner once I can find a good deal on one.

The TB I ordered is beautiful and it was a pretty good deal!

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I just wanted to get as many opinions as I could. I went ahead and bought a 50mm instead, it'll be better for what I got going on with my engine. And I'm definitely getting a tuner once I can find a good deal on one.

The TB I ordered is beautiful and it was a pretty good deal!

One thing you'll find out about me Colton, is when I give an opinion, I address it as one. Opinions are like ....

Past that, what I offer is belief, based on either lots of field experience, basic engineering, or simple physics.
Experience, also defined as trial and error includes lots of money and time wasted on applications plenty of folks with previous experience and education tried to teach me. So I can appreciate your skeptisim and youthful vigor, equally as much as it might annoy me. :)

You can rest assured that if I take the time to respond to yours or anyones postings, it has been done after some basic research, careful thought and application, or I will not post at all.

Or it might be something completely out of the box silly. Those are usually obvious.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
just a update for you, got my 50 mm on tonight, LOVE it! big improvement over my stock and dirty tb. the difference in rresponsr and acceleration are a night and day difference in my opinion, and everything just feels so smooth. imho

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I appreciate the opinions and such, but Al, I thought you were 100% with me getting a TB. You said it would be great for my truck. Didn't I do the right thing by going smaller in size since I don't have big mods done to the engine?

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I appreciate the opinions and such, but Al, I thought you were 100% with me getting a TB. You said it would be great for my truck. Didn't I do the right thing by going smaller in size since I don't have big mods done to the engine?

Yes, you should buy the 50 mm. It will wake up your 5.2. And you should save your hard earned money for a SCT after that.
Then you're gonna have to massage out all your dents and paint, because you'll want your truck to look as good as it runs.

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Its the 3715 right? And where could I find one cheap? I'm thinking like $50 lol

And can you do custom tunes with it?

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
umm don't remember the part number, maybe on Craigslist or eBay? I got mine new for like 250 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have the 3715, and paid $100

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
damn 100? nice steal :D I got mine from hemifever and if I ever get my truck dynoed I could get custom tunes -_-

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Oh I have the superchips 3715, the guy I bought it from bought a SCT, as eventually may had turbos to his ride

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
ahhh okay, I got the sct cuz Sean said he could tune it for means it was cheaper than the super chips lol wanted the super chip first tho lol

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Guess I'm just gonna need to do some looking around, hope I can find a better steal :D