5.2 magnum build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bthompson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
This is what I have so far
KB +5cc pistons and ring kit
KB Floating pins with lock rings
Huges FI airgap intake with billet rails
EQ heads (1.92 intake valve)

Stock block, crank, rods, stock lifters, stock pushrods.

The truck is mostly just a weekend toy/ occasional creek bottoms but that’s it.

What I need help with is the top end. I don’t want to run into any problems with valve clearance or anything.

What cam should I use? I still want to be streetable and whoop a few here and there.

And with the cam will Harlem sharp 1.7 rockers be able to be used?

I will be getting all this tuned on the dyno along with 4.10 gears front and rear on 33’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you get a stock lift cam you can clear the 1.7 rockers. Anything higher than Stock lift you would need the performance valve covers or cut out the baffling inside of the factory ones. If you run just the rockers you should be able to get away without a tune. I’m not aware of anyone selling premade cams for the 5.2 as I haven’t checked in a while but you should be able to call a few performance places and talk to them to see what would best fit your needs
Edit: remember more lift also reduces piston to valve clearance. I can’t remember what I had found out with the stock bottom to be to much lift for the valves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: