5.2 magnum turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Not like the factory no. But you really just need to run a short length of vacuum line from the sensor to the throttle body port. In essence you can mount the sensor almost anywhere within reason of distance

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Not like the factory no. But you really just need to run a short length of vacuum line from the sensor to the throttle body port. In essence you can mount the sensor almost anywhere within reason of distance

Also why fuel pump is in I got a warlbro 255 but it says ford 4.6 in tank is that right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Also why fuel pump is in I got a warlbro 255 but it says ford 4.6 in tank is that right

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. If you're asking if a walboro 255 is the same as a Ford 4.6, i have no idea but i didn't think it was.

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
No the pump is a warlbro 255 which is what I need but it says it's an aftermarket pump for a ford 4.6 will it still work in my truck

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. If you're asking if a walboro 255 is the same as a Ford 4.6, i have no idea but i didn't think it was.

And also I bought a hy35 cummins turbo, how can I decrease the boost from 30+ psi to 10 or less

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
No the pump is a warlbro 255 which is what I need but it says it's an aftermarket pump for a ford 4.6 will it still work in my truck

Oh i get ya. It's been done plenty of times and used to be the only way to run a bigger pump. Isn't 100% plug and play but i don't think it's too awful crazy. Hipotek sells one now though that's already done up and ready to drop in. That's the route I'm going with my supercharger.

As for decreasing boost, your gas engine doesn't spit out nearly the exhaust volume as the Cummins so you won't really run quite as much psi without more rpm. Wastegate is how you regulate it though and a blow off valve is how you release pressure in the pipe if you let off quickly

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Oh i get ya. It's been done plenty of times and used to be the only way to run a bigger pump. Isn't 100% plug and play but i don't think it's too awful crazy. Hipotek sells one now though that's already done up and ready to drop in. That's the route I'm going with my supercharger.

As for decreasing boost, your gas engine doesn't spit out nearly the exhaust volume as the Cummins so you won't really run quite as much psi without more rpm. Wastegate is how you regulate it though and a blow off valve is how you release pressure in the pipe if you let off quickly

So my only other option would be wastegate, but the turbo is internally wastegated

Max78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
If you have an auto trans a BOV is optional, it’s not optimal and your compressor will surge, but at low boost levels its fine. It’s been done without issue on thousands of vehicle’s, even ones running in the 9s.

I would not trust an internal wategate on a cheaper turbo, so if you go that route plan on getting an external wastegate. If you get a good quality name brand turbo they usually work better, but I have still heard of people having issues with them.

I would recommend a good quality wastegate as that is the only thing keeping your motor from overboosting.

As for the HY35, small, you might only be able to get 400hp out of it, and there is a likely chance it will fall on its face in the upper rpm’s, people usually run twin HY/HX35 on v8’s. . . For a remote mount like you are doing it might work ok though, not really sure. the HY35 also runs around 20psi on a stock cummins setup, not 30+.

Diesels are an entirely different animal when it comes to fuel and air. Boot is also not a measure of flow, it’s a measure of restriction. I have seen mostly stock LS1 take 22psi and only produce 650hp, while stock bottom end but aftermarket heads and intake run the same 22psi boost level but crest the 1000hp mark, the CFM is the more important number to look at.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If you have an auto trans a BOV is optional, it’s not optimal and your compressor will surge, but at low boost levels its fine. It’s been done without issue on thousands of vehicle’s, even ones running in the 9s.

I would not trust an internal wategate on a cheaper turbo, so if you go that route plan on getting an external wastegate. If you get a good quality name brand turbo they usually work better, but I have still heard of people having issues with them.

I would recommend a good quality wastegate as that is the only thing keeping your motor from overboosting.

As for the HY35, small, you might only be able to get 400hp out of it, and there is a likely chance it will fall on its face in the upper rpm’s, people usually run twin HY/HX35 on v8’s. . . For a remote mount like you are doing it might work ok though, not really sure. the HY35 also runs around 20psi on a stock cummins setup, not 30+.

Diesels are an entirely different animal when it comes to fuel and air. Boot is also not a measure of flow, it’s a measure of restriction. I have seen mostly stock LS1 take 22psi and only produce 650hp, while stock bottom end but aftermarket heads and intake run the same 22psi boost level but crest the 1000hp mark, the CFM is the more important number to look at.
Bold 1: i assume you mean it's ok at lower boost levels to NOT have one. You didn't really say lol. I agree though i would still recommend one, surge isn't fun.
Bold 2: yeah diesel kicks out a lot more exhaust by volume/rpm than gassers. Didn't even think about the psi/cfm thing. Most people run 3" piping as an unofficial standard and i generally assume 3" is what will be used.

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Bold 1: i assume you mean it's ok at lower boost levels to NOT have one. You didn't really say lol. I agree though i would still recommend one, surge isn't fun.

Bold 2: yeah diesel kicks out a lot more exhaust by volume/rpm than gassers. Didn't even think about the psi/cfm thing. Most people run 3" piping as an unofficial standard and i generally assume 3" is what will be used.

Yup 3"

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318

And we have another problem haha the sct tuner is out of stock

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
You have to order from a tune writer. They can get em by order. I would order an sct from Frptuning.com with a basic canned tune if you can and then you'll have the handheld for when you're ready for the custom stuff

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
You have to order from a tune writer. They can get em by order. I would order an sct from Frptuning.com with a basic canned tune if you can and then you'll have the handheld for when you're ready for the custom stuff

Well I was gonna go through hemifever and it out of stock in his site

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
So that's why they are 700 bucks I guess haha

OP
OP
e_hartzell17

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Is a home run better than 1st base? Lol Ryan really got started tuning guys that were unhappy with hemifever and PIE and has exploded into the go-to guy