5.9 magnum. upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaywa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey all I own a 1995 1500 ram. Pretty standard just has an exhaust and a filter and is quite slow. I'm from Australia and the ram never came out here and neither did the 5.9 so info and parts is like rocking horse ****. Anyway I want to know what can and can't be used and a good place to order anything. I was looking at a bigger fuel system. Better ignition system and a twin turbo kit. I'd rather not get manifolds made up but is there any off the shelf ones available. I'm not quite sure what the go is with the ecu. Like how well they stand up to. modifications. Any info would be good

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You have an OBD1 truck and with the mods you are listing the 95 pcm will not work at all. So have a look at using Megasquirt for a pcm upgrade. Stock tranny will not hold up to this build you will grenade it in a flash, have a look at the Patc Mega Viper auto 46re.

Post up some links to what you have been looking at for parts.

OP
OP
J

jaywa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Never heard of those brands, so I'll look into it. I haven't found much of what I've been looking for. I might even go supercharged yet.