5.9 muffler help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
im looking to change out my stock quiet as crap muffler but im kinda stuck for deciding between the flowmaster super 50 or the 70 i dont want it to be too loud in the interior for trips ect, but i dont want it to be quiet like stock just worried 50 is too loud for me and 70 is too quiet im not running any mods just a clean stock engine with the plenum fix. anyone have any sound vids of the 50 inside and out as well as the 70, i coudnt find much on youtube.

e_hartzell17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
im looking to change out my stock quiet as crap muffler but im kinda stuck for deciding between the flowmaster super 50 or the 70 i dont want it to be too loud in the interior for trips ect, but i dont want it to be quiet like stock just worried 50 is too loud for me and 70 is too quiet im not running any mods just a clean stock engine with the plenum fix. anyone have any sound vids of the 50 inside and out as well as the 70, i coudnt find much on youtube.

I have a super 44 and it sounds amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mattx15

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have a super 44 and it sounds amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah just too loud for me longterm i do alot of highway driving with trailers occasionally just trying to decide on the super 50 or 70 big block,

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
5x8x14 magnaflow. Truck had a flowmaster 50 when i got it and I'll never buy another flowmaster. Tone was pretty good but the drone that damn thing had was worse than without a muffler. I've had more exhaust setups on this thing than anybody should and it was my least favorite. The 14" magnaflow was deep with good tone whilst being mild around town and virtually unnoticeable on the highway.

Only setup I've had that droned worse was longtubes no cat and Carven TR which might as well have just been a resonator

OP
OP
Mattx15

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
5x8x14 magnaflow. Truck had a flowmaster 50 when i got it and I'll never buy another flowmaster. Tone was pretty good but the drone that damn thing had was worse than without a muffler. I've had more exhaust setups on this thing than anybody should and it was my least favorite. The 14" magnaflow was deep with good tone whilst being mild around town and virtually unnoticeable on the highway.

Only setup I've had that droned worse was longtubes no cat and Carven TR which might as well have just been a resonator

any chance you got video clip of how it sounds?

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have 2 5.9 rt's daks (same motor) one has an 18" Magnaflow I believe and one has a 40 series Flowmaster. Both sound good so you can't go wrong with either. I tend to like straight though mufflers a little better than chambered ones personally. Sometimes the youtube videos don't do the sound justice so it's usually trial and error and a few trips to the muffler shop.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I have 2 5.9 rt's daks (same motor) one has an 18" Magnaflow I believe and one has a 40 series Flowmaster. Both sound good so you can't go wrong with either. I tend to like straight though mufflers a little better than chambered ones personally. Sometimes the youtube videos don't do the sound justice so it's usually trial and error and a few trips to the muffler shop.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

story of my life

bluwarguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum V8
When I first removed my muffler, the exhaust was going out the right side right behind my cab. It wasn't nearly as loud as I thought it was going to be and still had a decent sound. I think I have a video of it somewhere.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I love the sound that Magnaflow 14's put out. I have been doing the exhaust thing for 30 years and obviously its my favourite. I have had Flowmaster 40 which sound nice on my 2005 Mustang Gt, Flowmaster 10.s on my SRT8 Challenger and I hated the sound, I had the Magnaflow18 on my 2010 Ram Sport rcsb and it just did not have the sound I wanted, etc etc. You will know what you love when you here it so god luck with your search.