98 cummins 12 valve needs help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fla crkr 1 ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 [360]
I have a 1998 ram quad cab 3500 dually 5.9 12 valve my problem is today went to the store and it drove fine went to leave it would turnover but never fired up tried several times over a 30 min. duration finally fired up drove it straight home where she will stay till it's fixed.It seems it has been a little harder to start latley [just turns over a few seconds longer plus today the vibrations from the engine running felt different like it wasen't running up to par]i have read thet the injector pump goes out between 95 - 150,000 miles on these i just turned 150,000. I service this truck regiously, oil is due in 100 miles fuel filter is not due yet but i was going to do it early was going to service tranny also. I'm not a diesel mechanic just a ole hot rod mechanic i can do the work just don't know where to start,i'm thinking lift pump or injector pump seems like a fuel problem but i'm just guessing.