99 Ram1500 shuts off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hughesevan25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
I've got a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 that stops immediately after start up it won't even idle I drove the truck 2 the gas station awhile back and put $25 worth of gas in I got in the truck went 2 leave and it was missing some so I reved it up & it was lagging power bad I pulled away from the pump made it about 3,000 yards and it quit it started back but wouldn't take any gas it would just idle I've drained all the gas out I got thinking it was bad and put 15gals of good gas in it with no change I've also put a new fuel pump with filter on it new Can & Crank Sensors New IAC sensor new Tps sensor new peneum gasket new timing chain & gears and its in time perfectly I've also checked all of the fuses and relays and there all good also checked all of the wires and vacuum hoses and nothing is broke or corroded truck also has new Interstate 885 Cranking Amp 750 CCA Amp battery with new terminals and new ground wire cable PLEASE HELP IVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Any check engine light on?
When you turn the key to accessory, do you hear the fuel pump pumping?
Is your exhaust system blocked in some way?
I really am stumped by this seeing as you have replaced so much stuff.
Is your throttle body adjusted properly? I'm pretty sure there is a screw that can turn up or down the idle. Nothing even if you give it some throttle upon start?