Best of the Best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamFan30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Now I know everyone has their own preference on what they like more but I'm just wanting to get everyone's opinion on which is really the better transfer case for a Ram half ton. I've been doing lots of research online and have learned a whole lot about transfer cases but in my experience the best information comes from actual experience. I am replacing my stock np231d transfer case in my 98 Ram. What I don't know is weather too upgrade the 231 d or go to a 241 d and I even even found information on people using the NP 242 d out of the Durango with lots of fabricating and modifications of course. So let me hear your opinion from either your own experience or from just information that you have from other sources. Np231, np231d, np241d, np241dld, or the NP242 d

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RamFan30

RamFan30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Agreed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

clownprince

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
I went with an NP241DHD out of a Durango. Had to be modified by the transmission shop to a vacuum engage instead of electric, and the shift pattern has changed, but overall has been excellent

clownprince

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
and just out of curiosity, if it aint broke, why fix it?