Best muffler??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yummins24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L 360
I was planning on putting a muffler on my magnum v8 with a 360 and i was looking at either a glasspack or a flowmaster 40. I want something that sounds nasty but doesn't affect the bottom end power like straight pipes. Also i dont have a lot of money to spend so i want a decently cheap option too. I would appreciate your guys thoughts and ideas of what the best muffler is and it doesn't just have to be a glasspack or flowmaster, it can be anything you all think is the best... thanks

Last edited:

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I went from stock to a flowmaster super 44 and it sounded great then I swapped that out for the dynomax bullet I have now. Didn't change the sound much but helped out the bottom end a lot and my truck seemed to idle a little better after

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I ran the Dynomax Race Bullet on my Gen2, although it was a 318. Loved that muffler. If you get the Rustmaster...errr I mean, Flowmaster, get a stainless one...otherwise you will be replacing it in 1 or 2 years...lol

DJ_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Sport Off Road
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I got a flowmaster on mine. Good sound at idle and normal city/highway speeds, sounds awesome when you really get on it :Big Laugh:

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heres a vid of the Dynomax on my 318...I didnt dump it, just ran it open at the muffler exit. Absolutely NO DRONE at all.

th_43b1eff8.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Yummins24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L 360
I finally purchased the dynomax bullet. But the problem now is that the muffler on already is about 30 some inches long while the bullet is only 16. What are your guys opinions of installing it. Should i do it all myself and just do clamps with an extension piece to fill that gap or should i just take it to the shop to have it all welded on

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally purchased the dynomax bullet. But the problem now is that the muffler on already is about 30 some inches long while the bullet is only 16. What are your guys opinions of installing it. Should i do it all myself and just do clamps with an extension piece to fill that gap or should i just take it to the shop to have it all welded on

I cut my stock muffler off where the intermediate pipe went into the muffler, and clamped mine on. Thats all I did. Didnt need a hanger or anything like that.

OP
OP
Y

Yummins24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L 360
So your stock muffler was the same size as the bullet or you just didnt clamp the muffler to the exhaust in back of the muffler?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So your stock muffler was the same size as the bullet or you just didnt clamp the muffler to the exhaust in back of the muffler?

If you look closely at the video there, all I ran was the stock cat, intermediate pipe (thats the pipe between the cat and muffler) then the bullet...I didnt run a tail pipe or turn down at all...Now, your area might have laws that require a tail pipe to be visible, if thats the case, take it to a shop and have them install it, so you're legal.

OP
OP
Y

Yummins24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L 360
Okay gotcha. I want the tail pipe so im just going to take it to a shop then. Thanks

OP
OP
Y

Yummins24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L 360
I like the look of the tail pipe so im just going to take it to a shop then. Thanks

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
make sure you post videos when its done.

side note what part of md you from?

OP
OP
Y

Yummins24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L 360
make sure you post videos when its done.

side note what part of md you from?
Okay i will attempt to upload a video when its done... but im new on here so it might take a while ha

And im from street md, by the pennsylvania line

OP
OP
Y

Yummins24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L 360
I've got the muffler on finally lol. Me and my dad just did it ourselves with clamps. I'll post a video as soon as this so called hurricane is over

5.9Magnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum v8
I went from stock to a flowmaster super 44 and it sounded great then I swapped that out for the dynomax bullet I have now. Didn't change the sound much but helped out the bottom end a lot and my truck seemed to idle a little better after

I know this is old but I could use your opinion. I have a race bullet on my truck for a few years now, But I want a louder muffler at idle. Would the super 44 be noticably louder or would it be a waste of my money? Also is the 44 really crackly when accelerating? Thanks!

texasrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I know this is old but I could use your opinion. I have a race bullet on my truck for a few years now, But I want a louder muffler at idle. Would the super 44 be noticably louder or would it be a waste of my money? Also is the 44 really crackly when accelerating? Thanks!
I have a 8 inch cherry bomb on mine. Pretty loud with side exit. Fairly raspy, but sounds good enough for my liking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Cherry Bomb Extreme, 2.5" single inlet/outlet. Very deep and loud and not a whole lot of money. Too bad the red paint isn't high temp stuff and it burns off the first time that the muffler heats up so it ends up sounding a lot better than it looks.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Carven R is similar but sounds better in my opinion. Deep idle very similar to a muffler delete or Flowmaster10/CB Extreme but more tuned sound unlike a chambered style

Max78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
My vote is for the ****** Aero Chamber, I have 2 sitting in the garage, one for my camaro, and one for the truck.

Or the dynomax bullet if you want really loud.