Best Tune Up 318

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Makes sense. If better coils/wires/plug would have added a significant amount of power, I would hope dodge would have up graded them when produced.

As far as the plenum repair goes, that sucks. You use an OEM plate or aftermarket? FWIW, I heard the plate that comes in the Hughes pack is noticeable beefier...might help prevent it from happening again?

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Makes sense. If better coils/wires/plug would have added a significant amount of power, I would hope dodge would have up graded them when produced.

As far as the plenum repair goes, that sucks. You use an OEM plate or aftermarket? FWIW, I heard the plate that comes in the Hughes pack is noticeable beefier...might help prevent it from happening again?

As far as the plenum goes. You can get the hughes kit or just a proper felpro gasket and use the stock plate. The real problem with the original plate used much too thin a gasket. The aluminium plate isn't needed, it just looks nice.

If you decide to get just the gasket and forgo the aluminum plate, make sure you get intake gaskets and new intake mounting bolts, you'll snap at least one, and the rest should be replaced.

Make sure to start soaking the front 4 intake mounting bolts with penetrating oil a few days prior to break up some of the rust. If you have an acetylene torch, heat up the intake right around the front 4 bolts right before removing them. Hopefully you won't snap a bolt, but if you do, make sure you heat the head well before trying to remove them or they will snap flush with the head.