Cam???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Sure I guess, what would you like next for info, parts list.

OP
OP
jsq789

jsq789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Yeah where should I get the cam from and what kind? And I found the hemifever tuner but I'm not sure if they have any because it says they are no longer making them.
Also, can this tuner from hemifever disable the o2 sensors??

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Disable the O2s as in what? HEMIFEVER uses the O2s to run custom tunes. lol Need a wideband, but that's beside the point. lol

The SCT tuner for our trucks it not in production anymore as the new version of the 9550 will be coming next year.

OP
OP
jsq789

jsq789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Disable the O2s as in what? HEMIFEVER uses the O2s to run custom tunes. lol Need a wideband, but that's beside the point. lol

The SCT tuner for our trucks it not in production anymore as the new version of the 9550 will be coming next year.
Was hoping to get rid of the CEL from having no cat. Saw a thread that mentioned some tuners that could disable them. Not a big deal though

aofarrell2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L (MDS)
Use the non-fouler trick to fool the PCM about the cat :)

Basically you get two spark plug non-foulers and drill the one out and screw it into the other, then screw it into the exhaust pipe and then the o2 into it.

Personally I didn't have to do that, but some people need to.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Was hoping to get rid of the CEL from having no cat. Saw a thread that mentioned some tuners that could disable them. Not a big deal though

Run without a cat and see what happens. If you throw a code almost immediately, do the non-fouler trick listed above me.

:sparta:

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Sean disables the rear sensors not the fronts. This will cause im sensors not to be ready if you are doing emissions. Non foulers would be the way to go first imo
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
Back on topic tho I'm looking to overhaul a 95 5.2 from a larmie and drop it all in my base model v6 98. I'm swapping EVERYTHING. All of the 98 that's staying is the body and frame. The rest will be swapped from the 95 donor. The engine has a bad intake gasket and such so I figure I'm just going to go into it. I've been into enough engines. I'm very comfortable and rather enjoy engine work.

What are some good cams if any that can be used with a stock ECU (since i'm stuck being 95) and are there any noticeable gains? I've noticed a lot listed as "RV camshafts" for high torque. I plan to keep the truck and use it for hauling and towing and such.

And before we get into a big discussion about 360 vs 318 for towing, yes I know the differences and I prefer the 318 over 360 because it gets better mpg when not towing and doesn't drop to 8 with a bed full of scrap metal. I know the 360 tows better. The V10 and 5.9 cummins are out because if I wanted to go that far I'd just get another truck

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You might start a new thread about this swap and cam choice.

You're going to need a pcm out of a 98 5.2 v8 truck and the engine compartment wiring harness.

As for a cam stay under .480 lift thats max for stock valve springs.