Cat clogged, over heating....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Check engine light

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Do like I did on mine the day I got her home from the dealership. Get a reciprocating saw with a metal cutting blade and cut the two pipes going into the converter right iwhere they join, this will leave you enough excess to have two exhaust pipes made that will join right up to the two headpipes. For the O2 sensors, I simply got a set of header collectors with the O2 sensor fittings, cut off the collector part and welded the barrels into the exhaust pipes. I mounted one of the sensors in each pipe, and had the computer flashed up so I don't get a code or check engine light. Then had a pair of tailpipes custom bent to go over the axle and exit in the stock location, and there you have it. No restriction true dual exhaust with a one of a kind sound that is sure to get you compliments. I can't tell you how many times I pull into a gas station or parking lot and someone says, wow, your truck sounds awesome, what do you use for exhaust? And they are usually surprised to find out its nothing but pipes from the engine all the way back. It gives a loud, crackling roar when you rev it up, (kinda like a Harley) a low gutteral rumble when you're going slow about town, during light accelleration it produces an rather loud, powerful crackle that has been likened to a huey, and at cruising speeds a rather quiet deep tone. Losing the cat and single exhaust gave me markedly improved fuel economy, throttle response and acceleration.
Dave

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Done, cut out the cat, running true dual Thrush glasspacks, took the engine light out. same as I did when I unhoooked the airbags for muddin, took the light out.