changed oil & plugs now running like sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

refeicul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
i just did my 3rd oil change this year on my 5.2L automatic. it was running a bit rough changed the plugs one at a time to make sure i didn't mix any wires up gapped to .40. idles fine so i didn't think anything of it i tried to run to the store and in drive ran like crap. 3 codes showed up p0300, p0305, p0307. I checked the plugs wires distributor and cap.. all look good tested the injectors with a multi meter they tested fine. Im going to try and swap with other the "good" ones on the rail to see if the code follows the injector.

Another possibility is the ignition ballast i was told but couldn't locate it on the wiring diagram any thoughts on that?

It just kills me that it was running fine the other day and now everythings poopie.

I know all this was talked about before i tried the search feature and i got alot of this and that or the threads died without resolution.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Those are codes for cylinder misfires. Ya sure the wires are all hooked up according to the service manual? Either that or somethings gone awry. I would tend to think you may have a plug wire on the wrong plug considering all was fine until you changed the plugs.

OP
OP
refeicul

refeicul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
im sure i have them correct. but ill triple check it cant hurt. after that swap the injectors. then check the pickup coil and ignition coil. i was just wondering since a lot of members here have been dealing with mopar far longer than I.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
im sure i have them correct. but ill triple check it cant hurt. after that swap the injectors. then check the pickup coil and ignition coil. i was just wondering since a lot of members here have been dealing with mopar far longer than I.

Before you change the injectors make sure theyre pulsing, I think you need a multimeter to do that, a small amount of voltage should bethere. Make sure all your connections are good and tight. Yea triple couldn't hurt.

OP
OP
refeicul

refeicul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
to be honest i didn't test All the plug wires the first time. Some tested wayyy high(not the cylindars that where misfiring) so replaced all of them and found i also swapped plug wires 5&7... i F'ed up:025: but its corrected :dancingpoop: the other issues that i have i will address in another thread when i narrow the field. thanx john for your help

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
to be honest i didn't test All the plug wires the first time. Some tested wayyy high(not the cylindars that where misfiring) so replaced all of them and found i also swapped plug wires 5&7... i F'ed up:025: but its corrected :dancingpoop: the other issues that i have i will address in another thread when i narrow the field. thanx john for your help

No problem, glad you solved it :)