Cooling system, "death wobble", and 4 wheel drivie issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rynoschmidt88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 magnum 5.9
I have 1996 dodge ram 1500 v8 5.9. Timing cover gasket was leaking so I replaced that, oil pan gasket, water pump, t stat (195°), radiator cap, back flushed it, and burped the system of air. Truck runs hot up and down though. Truck got hot as 240° today. I here what sounds like water rushing through a pipe under my dash. So is it my heater coor? Mybe clutch fan? Dont think irs the head gasket. Radiator and hoses seem to look good. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The gurgling in the dash is an indication there is air still in the system. These trucks can be notoriously challenging to burp. I park the front of my truck on a hill so the front end is about 2-3 feet higher than the rear. This is the only way I am able to completely burp all the air out of the cooling system. Also make sure you have the heat running full blast while topping it off.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
OK, so the gurgle is an air bubble in the heater core.

Now, what are the issues with the "Death Wobble" and 4 Wheel Drivie?

:naughty: