Death flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jep79j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I read about the Death flash and now I don't remember where I found the post but what were all the locations the sticker would be to identify it. I looks on core support and nothing there. I can't remember where to look on firewall and isn't there somewhere in dash. Thanks in advance. New first time dodge ram owner. Its a 1999 1500. Thanks again guys.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
You have a 99, you have the deathflash. If you want to be sure, check on the firewall on the passenger side. There will be a silver rectangle with 3 wiring harness connectors in it. The sticker will say factory authorized update.

OP
OP
J

jep79j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I'll look again in the morning. Another stupid question I have with the Death flash and all is why can't a guy turn his distributor like we do on the older engines to get the timing back that they took or was there other things done with it. Thanks again. Still trying to learn about mopar.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Ignition timing is pcm controlled. Distributor actually syncs injector timing on these trucks. Twist it and you muck up when your injectors fire in relation to valve movement

OP
OP
J

jep79j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see. Well I'll just keep collecting parts lol. I have the plenum gasket ordered and my oil pressure sensor. Gonna be a fun weekend.