DEF Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pete Tuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anyone tried or heard of DEF Delete on the eco diesel? What are the pros and cons?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Welcome to RF

No idea at all, you might try the Dsl area or the 4th gen area.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the second gen section. You can ask a moderator to move it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
But in answer to your question... Way to much money and work for little gain and voids your warranty and will not pass smog if your in a deq area.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok got it....new to the forum.....

It's cool man welcome to RF. but what rowdy said, for the Eco diesel it's really not gonna be worth it anyway. I guess the maintenance with def is the price to pay for 25 mpg right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
But in answer to your question... Way to much money and work for little gain and voids your warranty and will not pass smog if your in a deq area.

If you don't mind f-ing your warranty you'd be better off deleting EGR and DPF. EGR is one of the 3 big things that caused the 6.0 powerstroke to be a disaster. DPF added a 4th reason with the introduction of the 6.4 powerstroke. The 6.7 actually helps make it all work together pretty well because of the DEF. Without DEF, EGR and DPF can harm your truck quite a bit on certain engines. Without those you have no need for DEF so might as well delete it to save weight and money on more fluid.

But this depends on how bad you wanna keep your warranty and whether or not you're from an area that has emissions testing.