different psi reading and oil going missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seanram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
180/na there where the back ones that i dident feel like pulling.
140/na
160/125
150/135

spark plugs some looked oil with carbon and chiped in middle.
1qt 150 miles ish.

pletnun gasket or something more serious. its a 5.2 magnum

any ideas why it cunsumes so much oul and the spark plugs where rusted. on outside not tip

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
If thats from a compression test, those numbers are all over the board. I'd go back and pull all the spark plugs, and re test each cylinder. This time run the first test when warm and then put a little oil in each cylinder right before you test it. If the compression changes by very much, its piston ring leakage, if not its probably the valves.

As for the plenum, i'd bet thats why its eating oil. Its very possible that has been dumping oil into your cylinders. Its not uncommon to have a really bad plenum gasket kill cylinder 7 or 8.

OP
OP
S

Seanram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Thanks for the tips. I got a gasket kit for intake I'm going to replace gaskets and will post this weekend and pictures if ur willing to look.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Thanks for the tips. I got a gasket kit for intake I'm going to replace gaskets and will post this weekend and pictures if ur willing to look.

Sure, I always like some good pictures.