Dodge Ram exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

granters11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
i have a 2001 dodge ram 5.2L. I got cat back dual exhaust put on. it has no mufflers. it is not loud enough for my taste. How do i make it louder?

99RamSport360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum 360
i have a 2001 dodge ram 5.2L. I got cat back dual exhaust put on. it has no mufflers. it is not loud enough for my taste. How do i make it louder?

Get a nice set of longtube headers and delete the catalytic converter and run two pipes all the way from the headers to the tips. If you don't want to spend the $$$ on headers, just delete the catalytic converter. I've never heard anyone say straight pipes are too quiet haha.

Now I'm not sure what state you're from, but if you have to pass emissions, there is no way you will with any of these setups. Also most states require a muffler. Check with state laws before taking my advice.

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
A single straight pipe after a catalytic converter isn't very loud, and pretty much sounds like ****. Even if you have one of those converter back fake dual systems, it's still single exhaust if it's been mixed in a y pipe or converter, and still sounds like single exhaust. It's the same idea as playing a monaural recording through a stereo, the result is still mono, with the same sounds coming from both right and left speakers. I'd do like the other fellow said and go with headers and true dual straight pipes if you like it loud. I run this setup on my 98 ram, and it sounds great, and I even get lots of compliments on it. I think people like it because it stands out in this day and age, with everyone trying to use some street legal crap or worrying about breaking decibel laws, running tin can sounding chambered mufflers. As far as the legalities of running no cats, mufflers etc, there's always a way to get around it. I figure when the government tries to tell me what I can or can't run on my vehicle to improve fuel economy. power, and extend engine life, then the government can pay for my fuel.
Dave

NRA4ever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 3 inch cat back with a Thrush 2chamber muffler. My cat is gutted so it's as loud as I want.