Fast xfi 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefiremon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Now the reason I'm asking about this is so I can have the ability to swap in whatever motor I want. I have asked this on other sites so maybe you guys can help. I have read multiple threads on Hemi Swaps. One guy got a company to do a harness for him. Another just hacked it. Bottom line is this. I have a 2001 Ram 1500 with 5.2L and an automatic transmission originally. 5.2 got swapped for 5.9 magnum v8. The entire drivetrain is shot and I have a truck that is paid for and I am going to use this vehicle for my sons to work and learn how a vehicle is put together top to bottom. Im going so far as to tear the truck down to the frame. Do some frame strenghtening, a new layer of powder coat. And then redo the suspension. Do an axle swap and then comes the tranny and the engine. Now here is the questions. I know you have the PCM and I know you have the CAB computers. What other computers are on this truck. Second. I know by reading the swap threads that the engines worked but there were still issues left to be unsolved. Now. I know that the Cummins diesel used the same style PCM yet had a stand alone engine controller. Would a FAST 2.0 Computer system wire in like a cummins and what all would I need to do to make it work? Thanks