Fuel delivery issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbarnaby89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I have a 1999 1500 Sport with the 5.2 Last month my fuel pump died so I had it replaced at a shop about a week later it started to have an issue. When the truck would sit for a few hours especially overnight it would have to crank for several seconds before firing. I took it back and they warrantied the pump at no cost however about a week or two later, same problem. I was told to check the regulator however it is part of the pump assembly not in the engine compartment like I'm used to seeing. I used a fuel pressure gauge and found that when I turn the key on, the pressure only jumps to about 15 psi and immediately drops, when I start the truck it holds steady at 50 psi and when I shut it off it drops back to 0 in about 10 seconds. I am really getting frustrated with this so I was hoping somebody had an idea for me. Please and Thanks.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I would wager you have a bad check valve in your new pump.