Fuel injectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Any opinions on fuel injectors to get? I have stock injectors, off a R/T Dak. I'm not sure if they were bigger than the Rams or not.

I think someone said something about Mustang injectors?

How does someone pick the flow of injectors to match the engine?

I've also seen some remanned 4-hole injectors on eBay under the name of Flame Thrower Injectors. There was a guy on a Dodge forum, maybe not this, that was promoting them.
This is a promo video for our injectors.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Y do u need diff injectors?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Mustang injectors like making things rich IIRC.
The BOSCH style are good as long as you match the flow rate and pressure of the stockers and only change pattern.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Don't. If anything get your stockers flow matched and leave it. R/T aren't anything different. Playing with injectors gets hairy quickly, ask jbmobbs. I'm sure you find his thread here, I'll look shortly.

Stock are good for anything you can do short of stroker or boost. You will not gain better mileage and any "gain" you bet is from them running rich in the low end when the computer and 02s aren't trying to trim em back. You WILL get dead spots. Chances are good you will get misfires. Yeah it'll pull pretty good at WOT and first touch of the pedal leaving a stop light will feel pretty good, IF you manage to get a set that actually work. But light to upper mid throttle will be dead because the computer can't control them quick enough.

Injectors have been a big curiosity to me. I know you will get results like this because ive seen guys do it and ive personally experimented with injectors that were 1.5# bigger with 4 holes. These motors were designed with pencil stream injectors and getting 4 hole mist doesn't benefit whatsoever

OP
OP
Mohpar

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Y do u need diff injectors?

Stock are good for anything you can do short of stroker or boost. You will not gain better mileage and any "gain" you bet is from them running rich in the low end when the computer and 02s aren't trying to trim em back. You WILL get dead spots. Chances are good you will get misfires. Yeah it'll pull pretty good at WOT and first touch of the pedal leaving a stop light will feel pretty good, IF you manage to get a set that actually work. But light to upper mid throttle will be dead because the computer can't control them quick enough.

Injectors have been a big curiosity to me. I know you will get results like this because ive seen guys do it and ive personally experimented with injectors that were 1.5# bigger with 4 holes. These motors were designed with pencil stream injectors and getting 4 hole mist doesn't benefit whatsoever

I'm thinking with a tune to match, new injectors can be dialed in to benefit. You say that the engines were designed with pencil injectors, but the engine was also designed with other flaws that the aftermerket fixed like the plenum. In any case I would never throw bigger injectors on a stock tune.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Take it from those that know better, stock injectors work best and are good till 400 hp and you are nowhere close to that.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Even with the tune there's no benefit to the stream change. There's literally no benefit to changing injectors EXCEPT flow matching. The stock are actually really good for these motors and much cheaper to use them than spend money on different injectors of the same flow rating or bigger. You're just going to run into problems especially if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

If you're dead set on it, i still have those injectors in my garage I'll let ya have em but i 100% guarantee they give you problems

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only, and I mean only reason that fuel injectors should be changed, is when the stock injectors at 100% duty cycle, cannot physically deliver enough fuel to the motor. All of the information Peppy and Merc stated above is true, forced induction and heavily modified stroker motors are the only applications where bigger injectors are necessary. You're talking about making aftermarket injectors work with a tune when they will only be delivering the same amount of fuel as your stock injectors with a tune, so why bother? By the time it's all said and done, you would have close to a grand in injectors and tuning when you could have just done tuning. Not worth it imo unless you got a killer deal on them and you're planning on a 500+hp build.

OP
OP
Mohpar

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Take it from those that know better, stock injectors work best and are good till 400 hp and you are nowhere close to that.

Even with the tune there's no benefit to the stream change. There's literally no benefit to changing injectors EXCEPT flow matching. The stock are actually really good for these motors and much cheaper to use them than spend money on different injectors of the same flow rating or bigger. You're just going to run into problems especially if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

If you're dead set on it, i still have those injectors in my garage I'll let ya have em but i 100% guarantee they give you problems

The only, and I mean only reason that fuel injectors should be changed, is when the stock injectors at 100% duty cycle, cannot physically deliver enough fuel to the motor. All of the information Peppy and Merc stated above is true, forced induction and heavily modified stroker motors are the only applications where bigger injectors are necessary. You're talking about making aftermarket injectors work with a tune when they will only be delivering the same amount of fuel as your stock injectors with a tune, so why bother? By the time it's all said and done, you would have close to a grand in injectors and tuning when you could have just done tuning. Not worth it imo unless you got a killer deal on them and you're planning on a 500+hp build.

Thanks for the info guys. Guess it's a no. Alternately, how can you "flow match" injectors? I don't think they have any problems, but they are older and have seen almost 200k (from engines previous) and I'd like them to be in the best shape possible.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Thanks for the info guys. Guess it's a no. Alternately, how can you "flow match" injectors? I don't think they have any problems, but they are older and have seen almost 200k (from engines previous) and I'd like them to be in the best shape possible.

You send em off to be "rebuilt" and they'll compare flow rates of each and natch them all together to about 1-2%. Personally i know fiveomotorsports.com does good work but idk about others. Can be pricy