Fuel Injectors v10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
What injectors are yall running? I see the v10 has 3 different Partnumbers used by different years. Though I been told stock fuel system can handle up to 400hp.

Also what HP/tq does everyone think they are putting down with TB, Headers, Tune, free flowing exhaust.. I know I have beast torque but MORE never hurts! :roflsquared:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I highly doubt you'll need injectors for anything short of boost. You do have kind of a black sheep though as not many people put money into the v10s, though I would like to buy one and do so

OP
OP
J

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Well I'm going to try everything short of spray, turbo setup, or supercharger. Have a 2nd v10 sitting for a rebuild. For my DD I want more power. I still love the look of CAI but don't see getting extra torque while hauling from it..

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
The cotton filter only sees gain from less load on the engine when it's trying to pull the air it needs. Though I bet that v10 would sound pretty good with a CAI. I'd bet with everything you listed above you could see close to 335whp. Might add electric fans to that list as well though as they work the same way as the cotton filter and take load off the engine for a gain of 10hp usually. Maybe look and see if they make underdrive pulleys as well

OP
OP
J

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
So I'm decided on the K&N Drop in then... Now to find underdrive pulleys. When this truck is done I'll make a nice list for people that doesn't require googling or wrong PN..

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Cross reverence part numbers for idler, power steering etc pulleys with those for the 5.2/5.9 v8s. If they're the same it'll be easy to go under drive. If not i bet some gm ones would work

OP
OP
J

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Any luck finding a calculator to determine the amount of backpressure you should have to keep lower rpm torque for towing? I have JBA headers for 2.5" into 14" magnaflow 2.5" in and 3" out. ATM anything was better than stock guaranteed but would like to find the sweet spot for a v10.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
It's not backpressure you want it's exhaust velocity and scavenging. For the v8s, 2.5" with a cat and a free flow muffler is about perfect for low to mid range combo of hp and tq. 3" for mid to high. Being as the v10 has 2 more cylinders and a third more displacement and quite a bit more power, i would say 2.5" if you left cats out of the equation and a free flow otherwise 3" should be about perfect for a single size after the y on a single exhaust