Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndeeregreenmachine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1998 dodge ram 1500. So I was driving and suddenly the car started to die everytime i pressed the gas. I think its my fuel pump maybe my fuel filter. The fuel module is pretty expensive but the actual pump is cheaper is it possible to switch out just the pump?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Not sure what you're saying regarding the "fuel module" but the fuel filter and pump are essentially one unit.

Before the pump is replaced, you should check the pressure to make sure it's up to spec, which is around 49 psi +/- 1-2 psi.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Not sure what you're saying regarding the "fuel module" but the fuel filter and pump are essentially one unit.

Before the pump is replaced, you should check the pressure to make sure it's up to spec, which is around 49 psi +/- 1-2 psi.

I have seen some parts places just list the fuel pump by itself, cheap small kit. I took one of my old modules apart to see if this could be done, not a chance in heck. I got the pump out but the module was toast/junk. The fuel filter/reg can be bought separate from the module and can be changed out, just need four hands to do it thats all.