fuel pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bolt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1995 1500 4X4 5.2
How can I test the fuel pump? I'm not real knowledgeable about testing FI systems. Fuel pump either works or it doesn't, correct? I have only had the truck or about a month and it has had troubles running. After driving awhile it would die when tryin to take off so I would have to hold brake and give gas to get truck moving. it would idle fine, put it in gear and try to go it would die. Occasionally it would die and not start for 15 minutes or more. About three days ago it died and will not restart.

Thanks for any help.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
For the 95 year the fuel psi should be 39 psi at the fuel rail. Not to sure you will have to look but there might be a test port on the drivers side fuel rail (it is a shrader valve, looks like a tire valve but bigger). You should hear the fuel pump for a few seconds when the key is turned to the run position.

The FSM is available here on RF for download you might get it and read through the area you feel will best help you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963