Fuel sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtdodgeboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I put a comp cams energy cam in my truck with the 5.9 magnum. I keep reading somewhere that i need to do a fuel sync. It seem to run fine. I went to a few local shops and they have never heard of such a thing. Is it only a dodge dealer that knows anything. I haven't gone there yet.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi vtdodgeboy,

Is it running good? Is it throwing any codes? Then I would think that you are pretty much OK. The cam just changes the amount of time and the height at which the valves open. If you do not have Variable valve timing then there is nothing to be synced, except to make sure the cam is in with correct timing. And you would definitely know if it wasn't.
Have fun and enjoy.

preachp

OP
OP
V

vtdodgeboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
OK thanks. I just wasn't sure. And yeas its running very good. It didn't at first i just adjusted the timing on it that's all now it runs quite well. all i need to do is get the pcm re-flashed and i will be set. Thanks

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Fuel sync does indeed need to be set after a new cam was installed and timing is not adjustable on these motors. No most shops will know nothing about setting fuel sync even some dealers have no clue.

Look it up in the fsm you will find it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vtdodgeboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Yeah i drove it around today for awhile and it threw the p1391. So where should i go, and the dbr3 tool to do this how readily available is it at dealerships or shops.

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
what I would recommend is purchasing or renting a scan tool with data stream. I don't know your exact cam specs but I would set it around 2-4 depending on your lsa and duration

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Well I don't think most will want to spend a G or two on a DRB 3 scanner and I have never seen one that you can rent so best he take it to the dealer with a printout from the FSM so they see what he is talking about. Start at +6 and go from there op.

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
The snap on mt2500 is old but will do fuel sync with the obd2 adapter and can be had for around $350 but ya if that's steep and your local parts store don't rent then ya stealer ship it is. Side note.. If you have interest in a mt2500 I have one I'll let go but keeping the obd2 adapter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio