getting new cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
well, i finally made the jump. getting a cam off of a guy from another forum. gonna send the money today. been looking for awhile. i just wanted one that wasnt to radical so i could use my 1.7 rockers with it. with the 1.7's that should make the cam have .515 lift. 360's are good to about .544 lift. i donnt think it is really gonna be the perfect cam but it should be a nice little improvement in the 2k and up rpms. now i need to decide if i wanna go ahead and wait and get new heads before i install it or not. i will need to replace springs since i am running it with the 1.7's anyway....here is the cam.i am not getting the lifters. i am pretty stoked. with the 119 centerline it should be pretty decent when i finally get the procharger added.

Mopar Performance P5007551 - Mopar Performance Purple Camshaft Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
thinking out loud here. i wonder how good it is gonna run with out a sct tune. i have the 3815 tuner. i just wonder if it will be ok with it. i mean, i know a good custum tune is better but.....just thinking.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
sweet , thats going to be bad ass

dodgeram07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ya i saw that cam but just couldnt bring my self to buy it money is tight on his end

heads look nice, i think motor can handle 2.02 with out losen bottom end power

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I would pony up the 375 for Hemifever and a sct if your also thinking heads.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i hear you on the sct. it is still on my to do list. i will probably wait till i get the heads to get everything installed at once. i am in no super hurry and why do things twice.

and all the things i have done so far, i have already lost a little bottom end. i am hoping when i finally get my gears it will really help. heck if that donnt work i will change out the torque converter too. man, it just never ends. if i had about another 10k$ i could just about finish up my performance mods. lol

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
found this on youtube. this is the same cam setup i will have in my truck.same 1.7rockers,headers,tb,efan.he has the m1 intake where i have the hughes fi intake. hope it runs like that.lol i know it wont run that good since i am a quad cab 4x4 with 35's.

YouTube - Hemi Ram Vs 5 9 Ram 1/4m drag race

Last edited:

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Nice to see one of us magnum guys getting a cam--I'm really excited to check out the outcome.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
dodge1500- no, no gears yet. sometime in the near future. i just couldnt pass the cam up. it was right in the ballpark of what i was looking for. and a pretty darn good price.

johnny- its probably gonna be a little while before i get it put in. i am gonna go ahead and get the heads i want and do all the work at once. it wont be a long time though. gonna start saving up for the heads now. actually threw 300$ in the sock draw today towards the purchase of the heads.lol

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
cam came today! sweeeet! now it just has to set till i get the heads together.