Governor Pressure Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dahl17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I am planning to fix my Governor Pressure Sensor the code I am getting along with the check engine light is P1763 Trans code Governor Pressure Sensor Voltage Too High. I was told you have to switch the part out and it should be fine, I understand you have to drop the trans pan and then you take a block off the valve body with the 7/16 bolts and torx screws and then it just plug and plays from there? It doesn't downshift correctly when going up hills that are long distance and is slow to shift properly from 1st to second. 2001 1500 5.2 Sport 4wd any good places to get the part for a good price as well?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
https://youtu.be/kvl-_-vY6rk

^^for place to start for the replacement. Video is dead on and these guys know their ****. They've helped me numerous times.

For some troubleshooting help, download the factory service manual in the diy section. Has a troubleshooting section on the transmissions