Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, the old girl's making sure my Fix or Repair list stays long but nonetheless, I'm able to stash some cash so I can continue adding to my mods list.

I've decided that my next mod is gonna be a set of headers. My tune is flat out written with them in mind and I have opened up the exhaust rather nicely but I know that the factory manifolds are corking things up a bit.

Now, I'm looking to spend a few bucks here. I definitely want ceramic-coated ones and most definitely don't want ones with thin ass flanges that are gonna leak the first time the engine warms up. I've been eying a set of Gibsons for ~$650 for a while but a recent search shows that Pacesetter and Flowtech offer ceramic coated headers with similar build specs but are over $200 cheaper. I do know that Pacesetter and Flowtech are more low-end brands but are they really that much worse than the Gibsons? JBAs are in between price wise. Any opinions on those?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
i have some gibsons from riley. they seem well made, but i also havent installed them.

goodtodoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 indy pace truck
Engine
I have Gibson shortys the chromed version. Nice thick flanges and they stay tight.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
JBA=Gibson on quality. Both only make their stuff from stainless though i would get better gaskets and bolts to make things easier. Arp 612-1000 are great bolts to use to make things easier. Then and remflex gaskets you shouldn't have any issues

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have both Gibson and jba, bought the jba ones first. They aren't port matched if you have a first generation hemi and they let all the valve train noise out and sound bad. Now running the Gibson logs, they don't look as cool but they are a quality product. Didn't notice any difference on power between the two. I also use remflex gaskets.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk