Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RedRamIt

RedRamIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360ci V8 Magnum
To answer your question, you basically take a section of pipe out of your exhaust about 11" or so long, and then weld or clamp on the cutout in that missing section. It's a y pipe, where one side is an open close and the other replaces the missing pipe to make a complete "circuit" when the cutout is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just clamp it on? I figured it'd have to be welded. I didn't really want to have to take it to a muffler shop again to get welds done. lol.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I had mine clamped on for a couple months. And then went and got a it welded. Your best bet would be to weld it right off the bat. But you can clamp it if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

408wannabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I my self had terrible luck with the flowtech headers, blew a hole that was a solid 1/2 to 3/4 inch on one of the 4 tubes, as far as gaskets the only gasket i've had any luck with is the "dead soft aluminum" header gaskets. They work great and its $30 from jegs or summit racing... beats the hell outta the paper or the thin copper. Pay attention to the flange thickness (part that bolt up to the heads) Thicker the flange the less likely it will crack or warp, also the thickness of your tubes. The smaller the gauge of the tubes the thicker the metal will be which will have a slimmer chance of cracking. The size of your tubes is all on what you want for flow. To me the name of the headers don't matter it what materials they used to build them.

OP
OP
RedRamIt

RedRamIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360ci V8 Magnum
Thanks for the in-depth advice man

Tapatalk

That Red 318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 318

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you go the shorty route the jba ceramic headers are awesome I have them on my 360, remflex graphite gaskets are about the best on the market also.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My jba ceramic headers are allready starting to peel and I only had them for 8 months.

They fit like **** and The cheap ass ceramic coating is peeling... whats next a broken weld...lol...

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you go the shorty route the jba ceramic headers are awesome I have them on my 360, remflex graphite gaskets are about the best on the market also.

X2 on the remflex gaskets. They're legit worth it. Nothing worse than your shiny new headers leaking. They aren't 100% fool proof, but about the closest thing on the market to it. I don't have headers on my truck, but ive used them on a few classic cars with stellar results.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The baddest ride on the road looks like a total beater with an exhaust leek lol.