Headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dthrasher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I have a 98 Ram 1500 Sport just put S&B CAI and getting ready to put a Flowmaster cat back on what headers are probably best?

Thanks

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
The cheapest name brand stainless steel headers. By name brand I mean don't buy the $150 stainless steel clones off Ebay that have **** welds. I've been eyeing these JBA headers (JBA 1945S-1). No matter what headers you get make sure you get good gaskets and stage 8 locking bolts. A lot recommend Remflex and SCE Copper for header gaskets.

OP
OP
D

dthrasher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Ok yea I'm not supper concerned about price I was also told to try and look for the ceramic. I was told it was a little bit better. I don't know a thing about headers though.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Ceramic coating protects the headers from oxidation/rust and keeps the heat inside. The problem is the ceramic coating doesn't last and the steel is exposed. Ceramic coated stainless steel headers are super expensive so usually you have to pick between Ceramic coated steel vs stainless steel. Quality stainless steel won't rust, but will "blue" from oxidation. Stainless is more expensive but worth it.