HELP w/ Oil Pressure Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srv010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magunum
Hi, I just replaced my oil pressure sensor and now I have NO OIL Pressure reading on my gauge . I also have a light on about checking gauges! Thanks for any help!!:roflsquared:

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I've had the exact same problem all winter ever since mine was replaced. Just waiting for some warm weather so I can check things out, maybe just try a different one.

OP
OP
S

srv010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magunum
try another one

Only problem is they are 35.00 at o'rillays

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yeah I know, LOL. I wish that I still had my old one because I'd just swap it back in and see if the problem persists. The only reason that I had it replaced was because my old mechanic said that the old one was, well, old (don't ask me his reasoning) and replaced it even though it worked just fine. Not a bad idea to replace a 15-year-old sensor but now it DOESN'T WORK, LOL.

Now, my reasoning for blaming a faulty sensor/circuit is that when my oil pressure "crashes," the engine doesn't start rattling like a can of marbles (the lifters are still "pumped up."). Hell, I've run the engine north of 3,000 RPM after the fact and it doesn't miss a beat or make death noises. I've been running all winter like this and, well, the engine hasn't blown up yet, LOL.

Last edited:

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Personally I would never run my truck without the oil pressure gauge working, but that might be a result of my oil engine. You gotta hand it to these Dodge engines man, they take a beating better than a common mule. Late at night about 30 miles from home my oil pressure dropped to zero (it used to do this randomly), I had a big enclosed trailer on back that didn't have working lights and I wanted to get home to avoid a ticket. A minute later the thing sounds like there is a hammer in the engine. I drove that beast 30 miles on the highway back home with no oil pressure, and it was still running pretty strong when I got back.

That insane machine sounded perfectly normal the next day when I started it up, normal oil pressure too. Until I revved it up I thought I imagined the previous night. Revving it up revealed the issue though, that knocking was louder than i've heard from bad diesels :roflsquared:

OP
OP
S

srv010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magunum
I figured out it was a bad oil sensor, it had come apart at the cap on the sensor. Looked like someone had just snapped it back together.