Hi-Perf Intake Manifold 98 5.9 Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waage2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 24v Cummins
I was looking into getting a Hi-Perf intake manifold for my 1998 2500 5.9 gas, and I was wondering if anyone had done this with any luck? What were the benefits and are there any cons to doing so? I was looking at the Hi-Perf Holly intake manifold.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Problem with doing this is how is your truck setup and what are your end goals with it.

There's really 2 aftermarket manifolds that'll work without modification. 1st being 2bbl mopar m1 (no longer produced) and the Hughes Airgap. Airgap is a rebranded edelbrock piece with injector bungs drilled in. Both are great and perform virtually identically. That being said, without headers, exhaust and tune you'll notice a large lack in lower rpm power. You'll make more power but it'll all be shifted into a higher rpm range. These trucks are 5500+ lbs empty and the keg they came with does a good job at what it was designed to do.