How to install a turbo like this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluwarguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum V8
I was looking around the internet for turbo setups for the 5.9 magnum and I found somebody with this: 005.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

How would all of this bolt up?

goodtodoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 indy pace truck
Engine
I don,t see a intercooler with it. It probably won,t work. It will be blowing hot air back into the engine. Also I don,t see any mounting hardware to mount on the intake..

Max78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Would it bolt up, probably. Will it do anything with the current hardware. . . .not much.

First you will need to replace your Kegger Intake or replace the crappy sheet-metal bottom with something substantially better.

Then you will probably need to replace your valve springs, especially if they are stock.

Stock fuel injectors might be able to eek-out a few more HP but if you want to make a decent amount more you will need to get larger injectors.

Then I would recommend a big intercooler, or water/**** injection if not running an intercooler (window washer fluid is a common thing people use). You are going to be pumping very hot air into an engine that's already very prone to detonation.

You then need to get plumbing for the oil which is not too hard and pretty cheap, a manual boost controller is also pretty cheap and easy to setup.

After its all installed you then need to make a new exhaust system.

Then the most expensive thing of all, you will need a custom tune. . .

In short
New intake Manifold | or replace sheetmetal on the bottom of the stocker and pray
Valve springs
Injectors
Intercooler + piping | or water/**** injection
Oil feed and drain lines
Replumbing the exhaust
Tuning

I would say at a minimum there is $2000 worth of additional stuff that needs to be done to make it semi-reliable.

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
^^this.

That setup is crap plain and simple. Better would be to put the manifolds on opposite sides and run a crossover in the front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye