how to wake up the 360 (2002)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baulet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 litre Gas
hi Bro's,

i would like to make breathing the lazy 360 ^^
and maybe have a decent mileage also :emotions36:
it is not to get ponies to hell, just a decent behaviour of Mr Fattie 360 ^^
the torque and response is what i aim in this affair...

my Ram is a 2002 Sport in mint condition (now 11000 miles)

i think about :

CAI
someone experienced the Volant CAI?
i looked for the ram scoop, but it needs the srt10 hood... affraid the shipping will be expensive :Pshyco:
attachment.php

attachment.php

i really dont want the ****** air boxes with big holes sucking hot air from the engine compartment!
badly adjusted they have only the name of. sure its sounds better.

headers
not too much choice on this year...
what do you suggest?

exhaust line
i can keep or delete the cat, even without cat it will street legal here. (incredible but true, as its imported, the law permits it)
Y pipe for single outlet is sufficient, but again what do you suggest?
Magnaflows looks nice for flow and Flowmasters looks nice for sound!

the second stage will be maybe, maybe (bank will decide lol) a better cam and intake manifold, and a TBI...and.... what else (lifting and decent rims and mudding tires...yet a dream!)

thx!

ps1:
not so lazy this animal... more efficient than our soap, crap cars here!

ps2:
my toughs are with your soldiers. take care you all!

ps3:
my father (RIP) was there when US troupes freed the France... thanks to your grand fathers!

Attachments

• 16059_lg.jpg
    16059_lg.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 3,865
  • 36957_lg.jpg
    36957_lg.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4,182
Last edited:

Jimbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
On the exhaust, personally I'd go with the Magnaflow. I had a Magnaflow set-up on my 03 F150. It was a sweet, mellow tone that wasn't annoying on long interstate drives. Yet, when you romped on it, it'd rumble like hell! Now, on my GT, I've got dual Flowmaster Delta 40's....they sound WONDERFUL on it. The problem I have with most Flowmasters, is that around home, there are so many Z71's running around with them, and they all sound like they've got a gutted out exhaust. Just lound, obnoxious, and crappy sounding. Right now, there's a single Flowmaster on the Dodge, but I'll probably be changing that soon. It sounds good, but just don't sound "right". The one thing I've always like about Dodges, is that with a decent set-up, they sound better than the GM and Ford trucks....they sound ALMOST as good as a Mustang.

ap577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same truck, 2002 Dodge ram 1500. 5.9L

I have a Airaid Cold air intake, No complaints, easy to clean, VERY easy to install, and sounds great. Also gave some butt dyno gains as well.

Also have a flowmaster 40 series single in single out 3" Exhaust. I can put on a video so you can hear. Sounds great, higher rpms are not as loud in the cab. Either way Ive gotten positive comments

Also have the Superchips 3815.. It is all necessary i believe for the 5.9... the more expensive 3865 is more for the hemi or trans tuning.

It comes with economy, towing, and performance mode.

Only tried the economy but even then I was able to adjust speedo for my tires and also adjust shift points so now when I floor it, it shifts at higher rpms and doesnt granny shift if you get what im saying. But just cruising it shifts like normal.
I got this tuner for $150 I believe

All in all, the tuner made the most difference, Exhaust and Intake combo sounds great. And makes you love the V8 and enjoy your truck even more.

Here is the video!!

Facebook

Also, thanks for your support for the troops, I am a Marine Currently Active and appreciate it!

Thank you to your father and your family in making the ultimate sacrifice.

OP
OP
baulet

baulet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 litre Gas
On the exhaust, personally I'd go with the Magnaflow. I had a Magnaflow set-up on my 03 F150. It was a sweet, mellow tone that wasn't annoying on long interstate drives. Yet, when you romped on it, it'd rumble like hell! Now, on my GT, I've got dual Flowmaster Delta 40's....they sound WONDERFUL on it. The problem I have with most Flowmasters, is that around home, there are so many Z71's running around with them, and they all sound like they've got a gutted out exhaust. Just lound, obnoxious, and crappy sounding. Right now, there's a single Flowmaster on the Dodge, but I'll probably be changing that soon. It sounds good, but just don't sound "right". The one thing I've always like about Dodges, is that with a decent set-up, they sound better than the GM and Ford trucks....they sound ALMOST as good as a Mustang.

thanks for sharing your experience!

OP
OP
baulet

baulet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 litre Gas
I have the same truck, 2002 Dodge ram 1500. 5.9L

I have a Airaid Cold air intake, No complaints, easy to clean, VERY easy to install, and sounds great. Also gave some butt dyno gains as well.

Also have a flowmaster 40 series single in single out 3" Exhaust. I can put on a video so you can hear. Sounds great, higher rpms are not as loud in the cab. Either way Ive gotten positive comments

Also have the Superchips 3815.. It is all necessary i believe for the 5.9... the more expensive 3865 is more for the hemi or trans tuning.

It comes with economy, towing, and performance mode.

Only tried the economy but even then I was able to adjust speedo for my tires and also adjust shift points so now when I floor it, it shifts at higher rpms and doesnt granny shift if you get what im saying. But just cruising it shifts like normal.
I got this tuner for $150 I believe

All in all, the tuner made the most difference, Exhaust and Intake combo sounds great. And makes you love the V8 and enjoy your truck even more.

Here is the video!!

Facebook

Also, thanks for your support for the troops, I am a Marine Currently Active and appreciate it!

Thank you to your father and your family in making the ultimate sacrifice.

hi!

cant see the video yet...

will look for Airaid, this name is not unknown for me, but i dont remember how it looks...

also for this superchip...

thanks for sharing, take care!

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
if you pull a cam out of a 318 and put it in your 360 it will give it more power, cause the 318 cam is more beefy than the 360 cam

Reactions: Mop

tjfbball01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 Magnum
exhaust

dont waste your money on an exhaust for the 5.9 360. i have the same motor in my 01 1500 and i just did a muffler delete and put a pipe in replace for it and it sounds like a monster. It was cheap and i got the sound and results that i was looking for .

OP
OP
baulet

baulet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 litre Gas
dont waste your money on an exhaust for the 5.9 360. i have the same motor in my 01 1500 and i just did a muffler delete and put a pipe in replace for it and it sounds like a monster. It was cheap and i got the sound and results that i was looking for .

yes, but a strait pipe means low back pressure, no?
and i should be street legal here, no more than 93db iddling...

anyway, its easy to try this, thanks!

OP
OP
baulet

baulet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 litre Gas
just to say i edited the post with pics of the Volant CAI and the scoop...

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
if you pull a cam out of a 318 and put it in your 360 it will give it more power, cause the 318 cam is more beefy than the 360 cam

not even close to being worth it. lots of work for minimal gains. get a real cam for your needs. and this will wake her up. it did mine.lol
SAM_0759.jpg

Last edited:

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
woow

do you have a review of all your mods and some pics of your custom CAI?

I'll post up some pic's of the cai. all my mods gave me modest gains, I believe one of my favorite and most noticeable gains was from the harland sharp 1.7 na rr. Thinking of a bigger cam and 4 56's down the road. I usually feel it more at top end.

not even close to being worth it. lots of work for minimal gains. get a real cam for your needs. and this will wake her up. it did mine.lol
SAM_0759.jpg

:drool: Damn that thing is sexy. Looks familiar I believe my neighbor put one of his on his dak r/t.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
thanks. yep they are the same on a dak as on the ram. couple more pics.
SAM_0760.jpg
SAM_0777.jpg
motor1.jpg
SAM_0006.jpg

Last edited:

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
zack, thats one badasss engine.

Heres my cai box I fabbed up out of the stock bottom half and the top half I made out of plexi glass.
A121.jpg

acai5.jpg

acai6.jpg

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
airbrushing looks sweet. really like it.