i can't get 7 plug out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seanram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
My spark plug is not bent but the metal shrouding around it wont let me grab the spark plug with my socket. it kinda looks bend im thinking about leaving it but my plugs has surface rust but any suggestions on a good way to bend the shrouds out alittle

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I had this exact same problem with my Moutaineer when I was changing the plugs. Now, this is my beater so I wasn't concerned with, shall we say using excessive force to finish the job.

The metal spark plug shroud prevented me from getting my socket down to the plug. So what I did was jam the socket/extension down as far as I could and then yank it left and right until the shroud loosened and eventually popped out of the head. From there I was able to remove the spark plug at my leisure.

These things are simply pressed into the head and with a bit of persuasion can be loosened then popped off. As I said, the vehicle that I did this too is my beater but I really doubt that the absence of a few of these shrouds are going to affect anything in the long run, especially considering that the plugs that I removed were rusted to hell whether the shrouds were initially present or not.

OP
OP
S

Seanram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
i got it on there but it like stuck. i put pb blaster on it and going to wait till tomarrow.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Rip all them ******** out. All they do is collect dirt and junk and rust so it drops into your cylinder when you change the plug. Large flathead screwdriver and a hammer works well. Pound it in between the shield and the head and bend em inwards. Makes it pretty easy