LA Intake compatibility with magnum efi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucemsequimur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Looks like I'm turning a different direction with how to build up my motor. I think I'm going to start at the top end since I don't really need a rebuild for several more years and the bottom end is stout enough to take it. I don't have a lot of money so I'm trying to be smart about how I spend it. So far, from what I can tell, it'd be cheapest to go with some EQ Heads with the LA Intake option, and get an EFI compatible Edelbrock 340 Victor. My question is, and keep in mind I don't know a lot about the specific details of this kind of stuff, I'm going to get the fuel rail kit for it, but is the rest of the stock EFI compatible with an LA intake? Thanks guys.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
No no and no.

The LA engine was either carbed or throttle body injection, so unless you go carb, it won't work.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Youve got it backwards. Need magnum EFI intake for EFI, LA intakes are as DD94 said for Carb or TBI.

Youve also picked a really expensive block to build btw.... magnum builds are not cheap in any way shape or form...

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Most LA intakes do not fit Magnums but I see Edelbrock has ones with vertical bolts to fit a magnum. You will need to confirm your part number fits a magnum with Edelbrock. You will also need appropriate heads to fit an LA intake. On to the next , its setup for a carb. You will need to modify it to accept a throttle body and add provisions for needed sensors, such as coolant temp to make the EFI work properly. This is almost like a Hughes Air Gap set up but even more mods required.

Honestly man go look at the Mopar M1 sounds like a lot better idea for you.

OP
OP
L

lucemsequimur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
I was talking about the EQ Heads. There's two versions, one with mounting for magnum intakes and one with mounting for LA intakes. They're both for magnum engines. From what I can see, it allows you to use LA heads perfectly with a magnum engine. My question was if that Edelbrock intake with EFI, along with the billet fuel rail kit for it, would be compatible with the EFI system that comes with magnum motors.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
It should work fine with the stock system, but why this way????? Get new Huges Magnum heads and a M1 intake, it would make things much easier on you. Your route will take fabing up parts for sure, the other way is pure bolt on. Btw that intake you are looking at is/will not be street/truck friendly at all, opt range is 3000+rpm. Post up pix when you start your work.