a little update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
havent been on for awhile. still havent installed cam. but i have just about everything except the heads.

stuff sitting in garage just waiting.
mopar rt+10cam
mopar double roller timing chain and gears
mopar timing chain tensioner
mopar .600 lift springs and retainers
2 gallons antifreeze
oil and filter
felpro full gasket set
new remflex header gaskets
new stage8 locking header bolts
new head bolts
cam lube
new 180 stat
new can of antiseize
new tube of threadlocker

i think thats all i have right now. i also found the eq iron ram 2.02 heads for about 750$ shipped to my house. company called odessa on ebay. talked to another guy who bought the same ones from them and he had good luck, so thats probably where i will get mine. gonna call them first though. i am wanting a litlle bit of work done to them. bowls blended, rough casting smoothed and gasket match. .... man cannt wait, just gotta get the money saved up for the heads. it just seems like everytime i get close to having enough spare cash in the sock drawer something comes up. it will come together sometime though.

Last edited:

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like you got some work to do. Interested to see how all these mods makes the 5.9 perform.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i am hoping with new cam (and the 1.7's i aready have on it), new heads (with a little work to them), to gain somewhere around 30 to 40hp. only thing i am worried about is my powerband. i am afraid its gonna move it up a little to much.(4x4 quad on 35's) i guess i will just have to see. i am planning on 4.56's in the future also. so if it does go up a little it should come in a little quicker after the gears are installed. and it should be a good boost cam also. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
not a lot of "performance minded" 5.9 gassers out there, so it'll be interesting to see what they can do

there are a few, but most of them are in dakota's.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
Hey now I am performance minded just poor. lol

me too really. thats why i donnt have my heads yet. the seperate truck fund has been taking a pretty good hit lately.:thumbsdown:

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
It,ll be awesome!

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I know how ya feel. This spring I was gonna do all new heads cam intake valves timing chain. The whole top end basically. But funds are being cut short. So Dunno what all I will do this year.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
It,ll be awesome!

i sure hope so. gonna install cam at 4* advanced so i can keep as much bottom end as possible. it should help. i mean it wont make as big hp on the top end, but i donnt drive my truck above 5k so it shouldnt matter much to me. trying to keep it in the usable rpms. plus gonna have a little more than 2k$ in the swap. so i hope i feel something.

Last edited:

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You swapping the heads cam and what not or you gonna swap to another engine??

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
same engine. gonna pull it and do all the work. my motor has 65k on it now. should be in good shape for awhile.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I would hope so. I have over 117k on mine and still runnin like a champ. So I'm kinda scared to do any work to it. If it aint broke don't fix it ya know. lol Yet some more low end would be nice lol.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
yep, if mine had 117 on it and i wanted to put in a new cam and such, i would be doing a complete rebuild along with it.

get you a tuner. thats the best bang for the buck. i have had the jet chip, hypertech max energy and now superchips. the superchips is the best for performance out of the 3. and the hypertech was the best for mpg's. about 2 more mpg. gonna go with the sct before long. after the cam swap. so i can get it really dialed in.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have a Superchips now that I am using. After I do heads and cam and what not gonna get an sct. Sad part is I don't have the room to pull the motor to do the work so I will have to do it bit by bit in the bay. Man is that gonna suck big time. Maybe I'll just dismantle the front clip to give me the extra room.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
that would suck. i have a garage, air and all tools to do it with. and no hurry cause i have another truck that i drive to work everyday. i started my truck up and took it for a little drive yesterday. thats the first time it had been started for about 3 weeks.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Wow. I do that in the summer usually. I drive my car around just cause it's fun and better on gas. I can fit the nose in the garage but don't have any air tools. So almost everything is done by hand lol.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
well, i used to have a areostar van that i drove for about the last 5yrs. and recently it just started to fall to pieces and i sent it to the scrap yard. stole my boys 94 toyota 4x4pickup(that i have put alot of money into) to drive and bought him a 4x4 f150.

OP
OP
T

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
got it cheap.