Look at what just showed up!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dodge15004x45.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 common rail
I have had my had my dad there every time with me every time. The manager is the shop owner its just a 2 guy shop.

It really blows I can't drive my ******* truck like a normal person would. I dropped it off today agin to get "fixed".

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Oh man now you're callin in the big guns. lol I can't believe that they would do that to ya.

OP
OP
D

dodge15004x45.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 common rail
Another update. Got the truck back when I stopped in they said the gears are fine and the pattern is looking good on them. They emptyed both diff and checked all the specs out every thing is where it should be. They also jacked up the truck and found out where its coming from. They called there guy at randys ring and pinion. He said the standard gear I'm using is causing the noise. It was not the install. On the dealer thing that they use is say's don't use in a quite car because of the noise the gear makes. They said I could get a yukon rear and that the noise would go away, but I don't really feel like spending anymore money on my truck right now. They also told me that parts in my truck where just about shot which was good to know. Like my front breaks drive shaft u joints and another set of axle u joints. This set didn't event get me 12k and there on there last leg. No clicking but the said when the pulled the shafts the u joints didn't bend.

There nice guys up there and they keep saying if anything comes up they will make it right and fix the issue.

The issue here is a crappy gear not the install.

Don't get standard gears get yukon's they my cost me but you won't have a bottle rocket under your truck.

From randys R&P

http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDet...px?ProdID=2478

"USA Standard Gears are not recommended for quiet running vehicles."

Live and learn.

OP
OP
D

dodge15004x45.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 common rail
Yea that makes 2 of us.

Also some more good news my mpg's are up. I was at 9.2-9.7 now I'm at 10.14 (with a burn out or 2). This tank was a split tank of gas. I still had the 3.55's in there for the begging the 2nd take will tell that tail if the mpgs go up or not.

I would recemond this mod to any one. The mpgs speak for it alone and the power is great.