Loss of power,missfire feeling and a ran dome p0306

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanebecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK heres my issues..I got this truck about 2 weeks ago and had a p0306 code and the truck was laggy so what have I done?
Plugs
Wires
Dizzy cap
Rotor button
Removed cat
Seafoamed the vac system
New Tps
New iacv
New pcv
took out injectors 2,4,6,8 and cleaned with carb cleaner
Checked ohms of #6 injector and compared with #2 and 4 and all are 15

It runs better since all that but I still get a random p0306 and the truck always feels sluggish and always feels like its miss firing like its very choppy at idle and low rpms and going up hill, also gas milage sucks..200miles a tank(22 gals)

Mods are
35x14.5x17 wheels
Spectre filter and that's it...also this IS the sport,off-road model with 4.10 gears so the tires shouldn't be a prob...so can I have some help here please??
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
V

vanebecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nobody??

OP
OP
V

vanebecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
47 views and no replys??

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Part of me wants to say clogged catalytic converter. Does the engine feel like it is fighting itself? Does the exhaust sound different? Bad O2 sensor(s) would cause a surging. But a backed-up cat may do the same thing.

crash6x86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I had random miss fires with bad o2 sensors. You removed the cat so your downstream o2 sensor is reading funky unless you have an o2 simulator which you probably don't because you haven't mentioned it. I'll say the combination of the removed cat and the o2 sensors reading funky or not being there.

fonzyn75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
yeah i had that problem when i had my cat off and the 02 sensors were in it ran like complete crap then for some reason it messed up both o2 sensors, as soon as i put new sensors in it was a night and day difference lol

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Have you pulled plug #6 to inspect it to see its condition. Can pull the plug and run a bore scope down the hole and inspect the piston also.

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Remove the injector from cyl 6, and swap it with another cyl. Lets see if the problem moves!