Mopar M1 or Hughes Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Couple of things to ad here. If you mod the kegger you might just as well get the M1 intake as the modded keg takes about the same other mods to keep the lower end tq as the M1 does and you still have the pos plenum plate in play. The aluminum plate is not a end all be all fix, they do fail again we have seen this happen.

On my motor I still use the stock tb, I have a BBK 52mm for it and have only used it three times. Its great after 3000+ rpm but does nothing for bottom end tq.

So by getting the M1 it would eliminate the plenum problem all together? Which truly is what I want. I don't want to ever have to go back in to replace a part that I've already replaced unless it is something that is prone to wear out (shocks,ball joints etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Has a comp test been done on this motor? I would before you start doing anything.

Not as of yet. It's simple to do on your own isn't it? If not I was goin to wait until I can get to my mechanic before I bought anything

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Both the M1 intake and the F1 intake have NO plenum gasket.

Some M1 intake and other need Mopar part numbers for you.

V8 SINGLE PLANES + - MPI FUEL INJECTION

P5007398AB 2 bbl mpi, aluminum,single plane, magnum direct replacement, w/EGR port 1992-96 5.2/5.9 same height as stock manifold. requires installation kit P5007638

P5007852 2 bbl mpi,aluminum, single plane, magnum direct replacement, with out EGR 1997-02 5.2/5.9 same height as stock manifold.

MAGNUM INTAKE INSTALLATION KIT

P5007638 Magnum intake manifold installation kit.

Intake Manifold Attaching Bolts

A complete package of bolts required to attach the intake manifold to the cylinder heads. Set of 12.

P4876772 Intake Manifold Attaching Bolts (5.2L/5.9L Truck Magnum/Jeep Engine)

Intake Manifold Gasket Set

Custom fit for use with Mopar Magnum engine cylinder heads. Kits come complete to service one engine set. Includes gaskets, end seals, O-rings, and distributor seal (where applicable).

P4876049 Intake Manifold Gasket Set (5.9L Truck Magnum/Jeep Engines) 33.25

Edit;
Not as of yet. It's simple to do on your own isn't it? If not I was goin to wait until I can get to my mechanic before I bought anything

I have been doing comp tests for decades on my own, but many like having two people. So yes you can do it by youself and its not to hard at all. If you can change spark-plugs you can do a comp test.

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^Papa Mark with the part numbers again. :D

I feel your compression is probably good, but do it anyway. lolo

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Both the M1 intake and the F1 intake have NO plenum gasket.

Some M1 intake and other need Mopar part numbers for you.

V8 SINGLE PLANES + - MPI FUEL INJECTION

P5007398AB 2 bbl mpi, aluminum,single plane, magnum direct replacement, w/EGR port 1992-96 5.2/5.9 same height as stock manifold. requires installation kit P5007638

P5007852 2 bbl mpi,aluminum, single plane, magnum direct replacement, with out EGR 1997-02 5.2/5.9 same height as stock manifold.

MAGNUM INTAKE INSTALLATION KIT

P5007638 Magnum intake manifold installation kit.

Intake Manifold Attaching Bolts

A complete package of bolts required to attach the intake manifold to the cylinder heads. Set of 12.

P4876772 Intake Manifold Attaching Bolts (5.2L/5.9L Truck Magnum/Jeep Engine)

Intake Manifold Gasket Set

Custom fit for use with Mopar Magnum engine cylinder heads. Kits come complete to service one engine set. Includes gaskets, end seals, O-rings, and distributor seal (where applicable).

P4876049 Intake Manifold Gasket Set (5.9L Truck Magnum/Jeep Engines)33.25

Edit;

I have been doing comp tests for decades on my own, but many like having two people. So yes you can do it by youself and its not to hard at all. If you can change spark-plugs you can do a comp test.

All the parts list can be found where?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Any Dodge/Chrysler/Mopar dealer, online or at the parts counter. Summit/jegs carries some as well.