Motor Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mopar_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998/1999
Engine
5.9 magnum
Everything will be checked for Round by the machine shop . I am in between on a few things .

1. The More ive been reading and researching . Sealed power " Speed Pro " have problems so do the keith blacks . im honestly not sure what piston to go with anymore . Ive been told BADGER pistons are good and not Hypertectic Coated .

2. Ive got 2 machine shops near me . Both are highly spoke about ive used one but he is high on price and i mean HIGH ! 900 for Hot tank , Bore&hone , Cam bearings , Freeze plugs . i dont want them to install anything other then Cam bearings . I Personally want to build my motor . The other machine shop is 550 for all mentioned .

3. ive got to DERUST my block first . Any suggestions would be GREAT !

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Easiest way to derust the block would be to take it to a machine shop and let them tank it. It'll cost you a few bucks but it's by far the fastest, easiest and most thorough way I can think of to do the job.

I really have no idea what you would expect to pay for machine shop work. I'd say do as much research as you can on those around you and if you can't find anything definitive, just go with your gut feeling. I mean, if it comes to that, you don't really have much choice in the matter, LOL. And the longer the block sits, the deeper the rust is going to set in...

Also, if you have a link bashing the Sealed Power pistons, I'd like to check it out. In years of looking at Sealed Power parts, I've never read anything bad about them.

Last edited: