My Gas Tank Runs Dry To Fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
Any one know of a real cheap way to up my fuel economy without driving less since I have to drive a lot every day for work?
This is eating away at my wallet faster than I can make money. I now have to spend half of my paychecks on gas. And this is getting ridiculous:puke::Rant::Grenade:.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You are not going to like my response at all........ buy a small car to commute with. Keep the truck for when it's needed. Not too much you can do to these rigs that will ever get you your money back invested to save on gas sorry to say.

OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
You are not going to like my response at all........ buy a small car to commute with. Keep the truck for when it's needed. Not too much you can do to these rigs that will ever get you your money back invested to save on gas sorry to say.

that's the fun part I use my truck for my new position at work for transporting large food stuffs as inventory manager and for my other position as head of maintenance

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Are they not kicking in for gas and maintenance work? They damn well should be, I charge a $1.30 per km when I used my truck for work, this was above wages or time charged for the job. If they are not tell them you would like to discuss it and or they can supply the truck and gas.

OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
Are they not kicking in for gas and maintenance work? They damn well should be, I charge a $1.30 per km when I used my truck for work, this was above wages or time charged for the job. If they are not tell them you would like to discuss it and or they can supply the truck and gas.

will do

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I very much hope you have a talk with them, I understand jobs are very important but you are basically working for half your wages and killing your truck. Half your wages on gas and what if the tranny goes who will pay for that? The only thing that did not cost a small fortune to get better mpg on my truck was installing the Mopar performance pcm and yes you can get one for your year truck.

OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
I very much hope you have a talk with them, I understand jobs are very important but you are basically working for half your wages and killing your truck. Half your wages on gas and what if the tranny goes who will pay for that? The only thing that did not cost a small fortune to get better mpg on my truck was installing the Mopar performance pcm and yes you can get one for your year truck.

Thanks again! Since I joined this forum you have been a lifesaver

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Glad I have been helpful to you and thank you very much. BTW I found the Mopar pcm for about $360 the other day let me know if you want a link to that site, hope I can find it again.

Good luck Sir hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
Glad I have been helpful to you and thank you very much. BTW I found the Mopar pcm for about $360 the other day let me know if you want a link to that site, hope I can find it again.

Good luck Sir hope it works out for you.

Sure that would be GREAT!

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I will look for it in the am getting ready to log off here in a bit. Have a good night Sir.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie hemi 5.7
Have a Laramie 2014 CC 5.7 Hemi 8 spd, reset trip A after a empty-and-fill, fully refill each time for couple times, and the EVIC show 16.8 l/100km (about 14 mpg) in average, but actually, hand calculation tells about 18.3 l/100km (about 12.8 mpg), about 470 km per tank. I am in Toronto, commute 60 km per day for work, just me in it, light foot for most of the time.

Could be anything wrong with my truck?

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^ Probably nothing wrong. How many miles on the truck? people say mileage gets a bit better once it's broken in. i have a light foot and do 75% city/ 25% hwy and I've been averaging 15-16 indicated but 13.5-15 hand calculated on my 14 CC 8 spd 5.7 w 3.92 gears and 2wd.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Good change winter fuel is effecting it.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
well one thing that helps mpg is less warming up time and longer drives and light foot.

I warm mine up a few minutes and only drive 10 miles round trip and no where light footed and I get 11 mpg in town. I recently did a 500 mile trip over thanksgiving weekend and I got 18 mpg. That was hand calculated.

One big thing never use a personal vehicle for work. Something happens to it its your problem not theirs. They are just being cheap. They can afford a truck/van to transport their crap. Your not covered under their insurance. Plus they paying for mileage?

OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
well one thing that helps mpg is less warming up time and longer drives and light foot.

I warm mine up a few minutes and only drive 10 miles round trip and no where light footed and I get 11 mpg in town. I recently did a 500 mile trip over thanksgiving weekend and I got 18 mpg. That was hand calculated.

One big thing never use a personal vehicle for work. Something happens to it its your problem not theirs. They are just being cheap. They can afford a truck/van to transport their crap. Your not covered under their insurance. Plus they paying for mileage?

Well currently I have to fight to get compensated. So as of this afternoon I have started to look for a new job. Going back to another field. auto maintenance. So yeah I'm hopefully gonna be able to quit in a few days.

also Im not gonna give my 2 weeks.... im gonna give my 2 seconds

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
intake, exhaust and a tuner or programmer. make your engine more efficient and work less. also driving habits are a huge part

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Well currently I have to fight to get compensated. So as of this afternoon I have started to look for a new job. Going back to another field. auto maintenance. So yeah I'm hopefully gonna be able to quit in a few days.

also Im not gonna give my 2 weeks.... im gonna give my 2 seconds

So they would not step up eh....................to bad for them, there loss.

Best of luck with the new job :)