My simple recipte

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mag V10,Mag V8
For more HP!!Goin with Cold Air Intake...or at least larger "cone" style breather.Good set of Headers and true duel exhaust...that's it.****** 'bout my '95 Dodge 1500 4x4 Laramie SLT with 5.2 Mag,auto tranny.Think these mods put it up around 300 horse(??):waytogo:

Attachments

• Dodge red yard.jpg
    Dodge red yard.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 75

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
For more HP!!Goin with Cold Air Intake...or at least larger "cone" style breather.Good set of Headers and true duel exhaust...that's it.****** 'bout my '95 Dodge 1500 4x4 Laramie SLT with 5.2 Mag,auto tranny.Think these mods put it up around 300 horse(??):waytogo:

Check for the death flash sticker, that kills these trucks, i've got that stupid dodge fix on mine and I cant even beat a Ford ranger with a 3.0L V6 in a drag. Forget spinning tires, I cant even chirp them. After I get this thing tuned I should have some more power, enough to beat a ford ranger at least.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
Check for the death flash sticker, that kills these trucks, i've got that stupid dodge fix on mine and I cant even beat a Ford ranger with a 3.0L V6 in a drag. Forget spinning tires, I cant even chirp them. After I get this thing tuned I should have some more power, enough to beat a ford ranger at least.
i don't think such thing exists for obd1 trucks. plus i don't think the guy is even serious. from the factory they are only rate at 230hp so getting 300hp from a couple bolt on parts would not even be possible.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
i don't think such thing exists for obd1 trucks. plus i don't think the guy is even serious. from the factory they are only rate at 230hp so getting 300hp from a couple bolt on parts would not even be possible.

xD I didnt even read the description on the post, I instinctively looked at the stuff right under his name and saw the 01 year and v10 right below it.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I've done the cold air intake and dual exhaust plan on headers in the future but 300hp no way I may have gain 20-25 tops with what I've done

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I put 223whp on a dyno on a day that was 95 degrees sunny and humid.
Assuming 20% drivetrain loss that's 278.75 crank hp. If you assume 30% drivetrain loss that's 318.6 crank hp. So i was somewhere in that ballpark range.
That's with the m1 manifold superchips and open muffler.

You're not going to make 300hp with that little. In fact without doing heads cam or boost i doubt you'll make that with the stock kegger.

As far as tuning goes for obd1 you have 2 options: Mopar performance pcm or send your pcm in for a custom flash, likely through B&G

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Btw cold air intake is useless as far as making power goes on these trucks you'll gain the same from replacing the paper filter with cotton

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey I added a stubby antenna and got an additional 45HP at the rear wheels!

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Eh, I've seen worse. There were guys who thought that just swapping in a Bisimoto stage 3 cam in a sub-2 liter 110 HP Honda engine would put you north of 200 HP. All while completely ignoring the fact that you have to swap the factory ECU with a $2,000 EMS just to tune for it, LOL.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mag V10,Mag V8
Btw cold air intake is useless as far as making power goes on these trucks you'll gain the same from replacing the paper filter with cotton
Really??The "Cold air guys" beg to differ!!!They say "noticable improvment in power" all day long.I am skeptical...but it would seem that "more air in/more air out" should mean added HP.But...appreciate what your saying...I would go with a K & N all day long!!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Really??The "Cold air guys" beg to differ!!!They say "noticable improvment in power" all day long.I am skeptical...but it would seem that "more air in/more air out" should mean added HP.But...appreciate what your saying...I would go with a K & N all day long!!

Yes more air (in relation to fuel) = more power. Except the thing is that tube doesn't increase air going in nor get colder air. Cotton filter allows more air flow which is why my comment was what it was considering the stock box and tube flow more than enough to feed a bolt on motor and is in fact a cold air intake

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the best CAI is the stock setup. can't really beat it other than getting yourself a good filter. the only thing CAI do is allow you to hear the air being sucked into the engine which sounds good. i know i got a massive filter on my 81 and you should hear when the rear barrels open up under load.
[yt]gCi2yo4UqPI[/yt]

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
the best CAI is the stock setup. can't really beat it other than getting yourself a good filter. the only thing CAI do is allow you to hear the air being sucked into the engine which sounds good. i know i got a massive filter on my 81 and you should hear when the rear barrels open up under load.
[yt]gCi2yo4UqPI[/yt]

After watching that I want to take mine off, if thats right then I guess all these dyno results on CAI websites are false wow damn I wasted $$$

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
After watching that I want to take mine off, if thats right then I guess all these dyno results on CAI websites are false wow damn I wasted $$$
i personally think they are like a placebo. if it is making more noise you think it is making more power. dynoing both is really the only way to see if there is a difference

now i don't know about others but i don't think the air sucked in by one of those things would even be that cold compared the stock setup which gets its air straight from outside. i know the ambient temp sensor for the overhead console on my 93 is under the headlight right above the air intake and the engine temp effects it when i am not moving and i got a large engine bay. i could only imagine the way it would effect a CAI setup with the large filter under the hood.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
The only gain is tune cotton filter allowing more air to pass. Drop in filter in a stock box will yield same results as any regular cold air kit. Ram air is a different story