My Truck is Dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

instock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.9 liter engine. It's got 160,000 miles. I was driving down the parkway last week and the drive shaft fell out. I towed it home and took the cover off the differential. All the gears and bearings are broken. Basically it's not worth fixing, so I'm about to scrap it. But I thought I'd post on here first to see if anybody wants it or wants parts or has better suggestions. You might be able to limp it in four wheel drive. :roflsquared: I'm in Bloomfield, NJ. I'm looking for a new truck.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Yes, but there are more trucks other than a ram. Saying your looking for a new truck could mean a silverado, f150, titan, tundra. lol

OP
OP
I

instock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:puke: They just look like trucks.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I've got a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.9 liter engine. It's got 160,000 miles. I was driving down the parkway last week and the drive shaft fell out. I towed it home and took the cover off the differential. All the gears and bearings are broken. Basically it's not worth fixing, so I'm about to scrap it. But I thought I'd post on here first to see if anybody wants it or wants parts or has better suggestions. You might be able to limp it in four wheel drive. :roflsquared: I'm in Bloomfield, NJ. I'm looking for a new truck.

Go to a parts yard and buy an axle for about $100 and sell the truck. Or keep it and build it

Last edited:

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I'll give ya 400 for it and I'll pay shipping....lmao.[emoji23]

OP
OP
I

instock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You gonna get another ram right ;)

So... I got another RAM. This time a 2005. 120k miles on it. I drove it around for a couple of months. The mothereffing drive shaft fell out again! Two different trucks. Less than a year apart. The driveshaft fell out on the highway. Geez!

Luckly, this time it turns out there is a recall. I got it towed to the dealer and they took care of it.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So... I got another RAM. This time a 2005. 120k miles on it. I drove it around for a couple of months. The mothereffing drive shaft fell out again! Two different trucks. Less than a year apart. The driveshaft fell out on the highway. Geez!

Luckly, this time it turns out there is a recall. I got it towed to the dealer and they took care of it.

Good grief your next vehicle better be electric lol.