Need to do something

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capsalot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 26 gallon fuel tank, and if I'm doing mostly highway driving and keep her just under 70, I'll get just around 700 miles to a tank of fuel. Unfortunately, i rarely keep my foot out of it or keep from roasting the tires long enough to realize that kind of fuel economy, lol.
Dave

:suicide: holy crap.

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Really the best way to good fuel mileage, besides keeping your foot out of it, is a clean and well maintained motor.

Or this:
riding_mopeds.jpg

Although this pic I found looks pretty cool:

moped-hunting.jpg

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I attribute the fuel economy gains to the open exhaust, combined with ram air intake, and the changes my friend made to the computer including advancing the ignition timing. I use the Bosch platinum 4 plugs, they say you can get better mileage in their ads, I can feel a difference using those plugs in most vehicles, smoother idle and less hesitation, quicker starts, but as for their effect on economy, not really sure since none of my vehicles are stock, and most have been modified for a combination of power and fuel economy.

I do have an old 91 mazda 323 that I use for running errands in town, fishing, and just plain hauling dirty, ****** stuff around like topsoil and mortar mix. It uses similar mods to the Ram truck, (+4 plugs, ram air, no muffler or cat, no egr) and it gets 42 on the highway, and 36 city. I love rubbing my friend's nose in that... he just bought a brand new hybrid that gets 42 mpg... I always say, "and what did you pay for that? My $400 POS gets 42 mpg and it's paid for!"
It's become our running joke, lol.
Dave

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Buddy you got a 5.2 on a half ton, I've got a 5.9 on a 3/4 ton, don't complain lol, when I get into it, I can SEE the gauge actually drop.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963