Need Help with my 99 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fubar62172

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a check engine light on..
Auto zone machine said a misfire on cylinder 1...changed wires and light went off...now it seems to have no balls...goes up to 50-60 @ 3000 rpms but doesn't shift and check engine light starts blinking...let off the gas and it shifts...one buddy says computer..one says clogged converter...i don't want to throw money at the wrong things
Thanks

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
check your wire routing. Wires should be spaced apart and never run parallel to each other when touching, if they must touch, make sure its as close to 90* as possible. There is a known problem with 'cross-talk' causing missfires. When your check engine light blinks, its indicating multiple misfires.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Refusal to shift is likely a trans issues as well. Cat will keep it from revving past 3k, not keep it from shifting. Fluid and filter change is likely due along with adjustment of the front and rear bands