No spark help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 getting no spark and noticed when turning the key the asd relay is clicking loud I tried to replace it and still does the same thing does anyone have any idea what it could be ?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
It's a bad ground in the tipcm/fuse box. There is a fix but you need to be a circuit board master. Other options are a remanufactured at around 400$, or junkyard at around 120$. Automotix.com is a good site for this item, I've been using them for my truck and no complaints. If the part is bad, they'll send another at no cost, not even shipping, and they don't want the old part back either.

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay great lol think I could try cleaning it or should I just get a new box

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Yeah you can try cleaning all the contacts, might get lucky.

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do I get the wires out the fuse box do I gotta cut them and splice in new ones or do they un clip some how

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wanted to let you know that I figured it out there was a ground wire that went to the asd relay that was not connected to ground so I connected it and got my spark now thanks for your help

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Nice, glad you figured it out. I've been chasing grounds for two weeks now to clean and replace all the rotted, rusted, corroded ones on my truck just for pm, I think I'm up to 19 grounds so far, I know theres more somewhere. Having a single bad ground can cause all kinds of ****y problems and make you start throwing parts at it where their not needed ya know.

Last edited: